READY IN: 30mins
YIELD: 1 1/2 cups
1(6 ounce) can quality tomato paste
1⁄2cup light corn syrup(Karo)
1⁄2cup distilled white vinegar (Heinz)
1tablespoon minced onion flakes
1teaspoon unseasoned sweet chili powder
1teaspoon plain salt
1⁄4teaspoon ground allspice
1⁄8teaspoon ground cloves
1⁄8teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄8teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1⁄8teaspoon white pepper
- WHISK all ingredients well in a medium bowl: 1 (6 ounce) can quality tomato paste, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup light corn syrup (Karo), 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar (Heinz), 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes, 1 teaspoon unseasoned sweet chili powder, 1 teaspoon plain salt, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes, 1/8 teaspoon white pepper.
- SIMMER sauce in a small saucepan over low heat until proper/desired consistency is reached (sauce should be as thick as possible, while retaining viscosity); TASTE sauce; SEASON to taste with a pinch of salt salt or more if necessary (flavor should be a balance between savory, salty, sweet and sour).
- REMOVE from heat and allow to cool completely.
- POUR sauce into a squeeze bottle and serve.
- ENJOY it while it lasts! Refrigerate unused portion in sealed squeeze bottle.